[AMPS] 3CX800

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 3CX800
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:39:16 -0700
 Peter G3RZP wrote:

> Are these tubes delicate? The local radio club has a 2m amp with one; the
> standing current has dropped by a half, and the RF output is way down.
> Suspicion is that it got over driven: the amp has no protection. Are they
> easy to damage by overdrive?

Delicate?
Only a 4 watt grid dissipation! Better not make ANY mistakes at all with
this tube!

It is one of today's answers to "how do I make it smaller and cheaper or get
more profit out of it" amplifiers. Or "gee why can't I have a 2KW amplifier
in the size of a cigar box?"

They are best suited to VHF use because other, better for HF tubes don't
work up on VHF.

For VHF use, in the HENRY 2002A on 2M, about 25 watts of drive will get you
about 700-800 watts output.

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com> ??? RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!