[AMPS] Parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Parasitics
From: w7iuv@axtek.com (Larry Molitor)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 19:36:34 +0100
At 12:22 AM 6/22/99 -0700, Rich wrote:

>>Case #1: 4 x 813's
>
>?    Bzzzzzzt.  You said no  suppression.  813s have built-in VHF
>suppression. No fair!

Since I didn't find any little coils wound around little resistors the last
time I broke a 813 apart, I assume you are refering to the limited
frequency response caused by the internal geometry. Interesting concept, a
tube with gain only where you want it. Think of the possibilities!

>? Where is the screen resonance?

Either zero or infinity, take your pick. The YC-156 is a triode.

>What is the rated feedback-C for a
>YC-156?

>From the Eimac data sheet:

Direct Interelectrode Capacitance (grid grounded):
Cin = 92.5 pf
Cout = 36.2 pf
Cpk = 0.35 pf

>?   I have never heard of a 4-1000A amplifier that had a parasite with a
>3kV anode supply. A 6.5kV test might be interesting, Larry.

I agree Rich, however that particular test will never happen on this amp.
The components used throughout the amp preclude the safe application of
more than 4kv. Also, I don't posses any means of generating that kind of
supply voltage at more then a few milliamps. Since there is no such thing
as an "unconditionally stable" amplifier, I count heavily on certain
conditions being physically impossible!

73,

Larry - W7IUV