[AMPS] fine tuning amp pi-network

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] fine tuning amp pi-network
From: Jim" <jdc@ieway.com (Jim)
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 18:38:02 -0700
I have done the same thing here......But used it in "reverse".   I wanted to
find the plate load impedance of an amplifier. (Viewsrtar PT-2500).  Tuned
the amp on all bands and logged the "dial" settings of the plate load and
tune caps.   Disassembled the amp, with the tubes in the sockets and POWERED
OFF !!!......Set to the logged settings of the tuning and loading.  Hooked
the MFJ 259 to the output jack. Wedged a piece of paper in the contacts of
the T-R relay.......Substituted some different values form the plate to
ground to obtain 50 ohm reading on the MFJ-259.  Appeared to be very
accurate a test.  Same resistor value for all bands. (One would expect).

Good luck on your project Lane....

73

Jim W7RY