[AMPS] PTT and LTT

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] PTT and LTT
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 22:42:23 -0700
Rich said,

"?  Why cater to lock-to-talk miscreants?  Lock-to-talk is unnecessary.
With SSB VOX, amp tubes cut off in a fraction of a second during pauses
and between words.  .  "

There are many ways of operating as a ham, and last I checked PTT (PUSH to
talk) was a valid and much used way to do it. I'm not ashamed to say I use
PTT often.

Sure there are those who keep the mic keyed too long but on the other hand
there are those rigid and inflexible types who won't see it any other way
than theirs.

Which is worse?

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com> ??? RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!