[AMPS] Re: bias question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: bias question
From: amps@txrx.demon.co.uk (Steve Thompson)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 07:33:07 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan.E.Holm@telia.se <Jan.E.Holm@telia.se>
To: amps@contesting.com <amps@contesting.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Date: 13 July 1999 09:57

     Fellows,

     thank´s a lot for the input on my question. I
understand this
     much better now. Sure wasn´t as simple as I thought but
     what is these days. I did find the G3SEK bias circuit
on
     the WEB so will use that one.
     But then again using a class C driver to drive the big
amp
     might prevent people from operating within 2 kHz from
my
     frequency, hmmm just wounder ..........

     73, Jim SM2EKM
----------------------------------

That will give you a very wide signal and complaints can be
justified. Much better is to put in an AM filter instead of
SSB after the rf processing, then make the amplifiers as
linear as you can; the signal is then clean after +/- 6kHz
or so. More subtle is to add noise through an AM filter, so
there is high noise around your signal to +/- 4kHz, then low
noise wideband.

Steve

FAQ on WWW:
http://www.contesting.com/ampfaq.html