[AMPS] revisited duty cycle...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] revisited duty cycle...
From: nospam4me@juno.com (nospam4me@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 00:29:00 -0700

: >?  Continuous is way different from SSB's 15% avg, duty cycle.

: Too right, Rich. SSB lets you get away with a lot of sins

Amateur Radio Contest and Net Operators using SSB often have >35% avg
duty cycle thanks to the invention and improper use of a Speech
Processor.

One of my other jobs in the "Music Industry,"  We have to spend ~$500.00
us per effect unit to process a 20KHz bandwidth audio channel to obtain
similar bad sounding audio.

The ones who love it are Radio Station Management, Format Programers and
Lids.

cheers
skipp

nospam4me@juno.com