[AMPS] replacement for 572B's

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] replacement for 572B's
From: drpal@waterw.com (Phil Levin)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:16:45 -0400
As many of you are aware I have been attempting to convert an SB-200 to
six meters and I haven't given up.  I am waiting for some conversion
data from K1RAK, and hope to be successful!!  (Power of positive
thinking! Hi).

So hypothetically at this time.....  What tube do you guys think would
be the easiest tube conversion to use for six meters in an already
existing SB-200?  It would be great to use the same pwr supply, and
components but of course that's wishful thinking I guess.  Any ideas,
any possibilities at all?

Phil  W2GE

P.S.  What has been the consensus on the amount of fan noise from an
AL-1200??  Mine is very noisy and believe it's just due to the total
volume of air being forced through the tube...  TU