R: [AMPS] L-Pi net...downside?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: R: [AMPS] L-Pi net...downside?
From: Maurizio Panicara" <i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 23:40:16 +0200
Vic,

with some care and a bit of experience in correct positioning and wiring,
the problem to find or realize proper components to have and keep a
standard PI network whose loaded Q is 10 is a fake one.
The problem is that on 10m the residual of plate capacitor plus tube/s
internal plate capacitance in some cases are so big that the first usable Q
is not 10 but a much higher value. In that case it's really hard to find out
the proper components (coil) and do not destroy Q with multiband amps
related items like wires (even short) and/or switches (even small).
If the practical situation allows the design of a PI whose loaded Q is 10
and no other parameter is required such network is a totally superflous
complication.
Go ahead with a symple PI network.

73,
Mauri I4JMY