[AMPS] Pretty wild tubes C7164????

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Pretty wild tubes C7164????
From: drpal@waterw.com (Phil Levin)
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 15:45:53 -0400

I was visiting a shop in the area that has been around for many years
and the owner pulled out some interesting old tubes that he had and had
no idea what the were or were for.

An RCA C7164???  Don't even ask me to describe it, had all sorts of hand
written engineering data from RCA with a notice that this tube is
experimental and as user is "crystallizing designs" to call engineering
before using!

SS501??  As "U" shaped tube with plate caps on both ends???

5684??  Looks like some sort of xmitting tube.

Any ideas?  I might buy them for my collection.

Phil W2GE