[AMPS] Front Panel Labeling ???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Front Panel Labeling ???
From: G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 08:43:59 +0100
Larry Molitor wrote:

>> I am looking for a program that will allow me to make a numbered scale, in a
>> 180 degree arc, in various radius ...  to be printed on clear mylar to be
>> applied to the front panel of my HB 4-1000A amp. I need this for repeatable
>> settings of my load capacitor.
>>
>> Anyone have suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks for the thought,
>> Terry W6RU

>I do that and many other drawing tasks with EZCAD by evolution computing.

Any precision drawing package will be OK, especially if it has
facilities for laying out lines at specified angles to each other.
I've regularly used AutoSketch for re-scaling meters, including multiple
and non-linear scales.

AutoSketch has a number of useful features, including ability to enter
angles precisely from the keyboard, and to repeat one mark around the
scale at specified angle intervals. You can also change the thickness or
length of every 5th or 10th mark, and place calibrations around the
scale, rotated to the correct angles. It all takes some practice, but
the results look very good indeed.

How do you print on clear Mylar, Terry, and how do you stick it to the
panel?

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek