[AMPS] sb-200 troubles

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] sb-200 troubles
From: drpal@waterw.com (Phil Levin)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 18:02:06 -0400

I have been trying to convert the sb-200 to six.

Problems:

1.)  Safety RF choke from output of tank circuit has blown twice(could
this be due to the parasitics???)

2.) Heath manual has resistance checks when amp is finally assembled,
first check says between either anode clip and to the chassis should
measure 180 K ohms and I'm getting 240 K ohms???

3.) Second check between pin 3 of either tube to chassis (pin 3 is the
grid on the 572B) should be between 5000 to 15,000 ohms and I have 77
ohms?

What should I be looking for to resolve these discrepancies???  Please
help....

Phil W2GE