[AMPS] G3RZP, W0AIH health reports

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] G3RZP, W0AIH health reports
From: G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 07:29:50 +0100
Richard W. Ehrhorn wrote:
>Hi Ian...
>
>Awfully sorry to hear about Peter's infection! Please pass on my very best
>wishes
I spoke briefly to Peter on Sunday, and he is beginning to get better -
but it certainly was serious, involving midnight emergency surgery about
10 days ago. It will be several weeks before he's back at work and e-
mail.

>-- and while you're at it, might ask if he got the info I passed on per
>his request a month or so back.

Next time we speak, I'll ask him.

>Also, many on this reflector undoubtedly know DXer, contester and magnificent
>antenna farm grower (Rev.) Paul Bittner, W0AIH. Just got an    e-mail from his
>son-in-law that after safely erecting at least 2500 feet of steel towers
>(several in 200' range, home-built and rotating) plus 2000 feet of wooden
>poles,
>4 squares, etc., on his 120 acre Wisconsin antenna farm over the past 25-30
>years --- hanging by a rope or nylon sling at 200 feet innumerable times and
>much higher on commercial rigging jobs a number of times -- he mis-stepped
>getting off the bottom of a ladder after finishing painting his house (!) and
>fractured his heel. Will be laid up - or at least on crutches, since Paul
>would
>never allow himself to actually be laid up - 6-8 weeks.

Amplifiers are definitely much safer!

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek