[AMPS] Tobacco residue removal

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tobacco residue removal
From: w4asm@mindspring.com (Jack Brabham)
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 12:57:45 -0400
Bill,

After working on this for a couple of months, with only fair results, I
stumbled onto something that works real well.

Its a two step process.    Place the rig so the panel to be cleaned is
vertical and liquid can run out.   Put a couple of layers of paper towels
under the rig.   The first product is some spray stuff called "Original
Kriud Kutter".   I think it came from Walley Mart.   The mfg. is shown as
"Supreme Chemicals of Georgia",  800-466-7126, product # KK32.   Spray this
stuff on generously, it melts the tobacco residue.   For heavy spots I apply
a half inch round artist brush.

At this point most of the tobacco residue will be in the paper towels.   The
second step is to change the paper towels and rinse the whole area
vigorously with Isopropyl alcohol.    I put it in a spray bottle.    This
flushes out the cleaner and the last of the residue.

It didn't bother anything in my PA-77 (and I disassembled it and cleaned it
ALL),  but I might not trust it with delicate lettering and almost certainly
not with decals.

73 de Jack - W4ASM