[AMPS] Dentron MLA2500 Question/s

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dentron MLA2500 Question/s
From: dsnowden@ncdc.noaa.gov (dsnowden@ncdc.noaa.gov)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:50:32 -0400

I am thinking about buying a MLA2500 without tubes.

1. What is the difference between an MLA2500 and MLA2500B ?

2. I know the tubes (8875 ?) are expensive now days and do remember
that some sort of conversion to different tubes has been published
somewhere.
Is it worth the time and cost of conversion? I am guessing the tubes used
for the conversion are not going to be cheap.

Any references to conversion articles?
Any of the famous Measures fixes apply to this amp?

I'd kind of like to put one on my desk because I am sort of limited on
space.

Thanks,  Doug N4IJ

        National Climatic Data Center