[AMPS] Feedpoint impedance vs SWR

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Feedpoint impedance vs SWR
From: aa6eg@hh.tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 14:23:52 -0700 (PDT)

I think I am understanding well the measured SWR vs impedance along the
line question.

My next question is:   Given, say, a 100 ohm resistive antenna impedance
(at the antenna terminals) connected to (assumed lossless) 50 ohm coax
line, of multiple wavelengths, (producing a 2:1 SWR) What is the most
extreme feed point impedance swing in the line and how far down the line
is it?  And how can one compute this mathematically, if one does not have
access to a smith chart?

73, DX, de
Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ;
aa6eg@hh.tmx.com;n6ij@hotmail.com
599 DX Drive, Marina CA 93933
See us on the web: www.polkinghorn.org/n6ij
"The Contest Station from the Government"