[AMPS] Re: The Worldwide, No Holds Barred, SWR Quiz.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: The Worldwide, No Holds Barred, SWR Quiz.
From: ctj92@primenet.com (Charles T Johnston)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:22:12 -0700
Jon is right Rich if we abide by the assumptions he has set forth.  A lap
around the Smith chart shows us this.  I made my living with Smith charts in
microwave R&D for years.

Charles T Johnston  - AB7SL
ctj92@primenet.com

> The only time the SWR will change as you change the length of the
transmission line is if that transmission line is of some impedance that is
different than the characteristic impedance of the source and the load.  If
the transmission line is the same as the source, the impedance will vary
with length but the VSWR won't.  If the transmission line is the same
impedance as the load, neither the VSWR or the impedance will change with
line length.