[AMPS] Enough of The Worldwide, No Holds Barred, SWR Quiz.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Enough of The Worldwide, No Holds Barred, SWR Quiz.
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 23:35:36 -0500
kk5yy@juno.com wrote:

>In the same vein does anyone know how to implement filters in Juno?
>I have quit this reflector before when the signal to noise went South.
>There is interesting stuff to be discussed if one can get past the
>jihads.

I don't think there is any Jihad going on here. No one is calling anyone
names and it is a civil discussion.

The fact is that some people have had some questions and
misunderstandings about the nature of SWR and impedance matching using
1/4 wave or 1/2 wave lines, etc.

I for one have found this to be a great cob-web clearing discussion since
I don't use transmission line theory in my job any more (no longer am a
design engineer).  One tends to forget what one does not use (which I
certainly have done as can be seen by my couple of faux pauxs).  However,
I am also amazed at what I do remember and how quickly techniques come
back!

So if anyone has learned from all this (and I think they have), it has
been well worth it.

73,

Jon
KE9NA