[AMPS] The things you see Homebrew Amplifiers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] The things you see Homebrew Amplifiers
From: aa6eg@hh.tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 19:08:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Larry, et al....

I don't understand....Oh, perhaps what you are talking about is
a different type of plate cap....My 4-400s have simply a metal rod, about
1/16' dia coming out the top...right out of the glass seal...simply an
anode extension....
  Others have this AND a larger diamater, set screwed, shouldered fitting
on it...to which  you add your Heat dissipators....Like you see in the
Eimac pictures.....
My dissipators, have
the small hole with setscrew, and horizontal fins... If I dropped the
dissipator directly down the anode pin, it could rest directly on the
glass...therefore I raise it off the glass a fraction....
I surmise that the larger anode fitting must already be floating above
the glass.....

73, DX, de
Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ;
aa6eg@hh.tmx.com;n6ij@hotmail.com
599 DX Drive, Marina CA 93933
See us on the web: www.polkinghorn.org/n6ij
"The Contest Station from the Government"