[AMPS] cheap copper wire, and glass failure

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] cheap copper wire, and glass failure
From: n2bc@stny.rr.com (Bill Coleman)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 13:32:32 -0400
At the risk of further extending a non-AMPS discussion...  John mentions
'rebar' below - I assume (yes, I know what ASSuME spells) this refers to the
rebar in his tower base.  It is not a good idea to provide a path to ground
which goes THROUGH the concrete base.  Lightning passing thru a tower base
can do strange things, like blow it up. Best to provide a good low impedance
path AROUND the base.

I'll go back to sleep. 73 all Bill  N2BC