[AMPS] RCA SBA-1K Amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RCA SBA-1K Amplifier
From: kc4slk@csrlink.net (kc4slk)
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 20:55:30 -0400
I have an RCA SBA-1K 1KW maritime amplifier that I have been working on. It
utilizes a pair of 3-400Z's @ 2800 VDC (loafing along, I know). The filament
transformer is a split secondary consisting of two identical 5 VCT @15A
windings.
    The problem is that on one leg, of one secondary, the wire shows signs
of excessive current, (the other legs are fine). I measured each leg to
ground with an ohmmeter and came up with the same readings on each leg,
(51.1 ohms). I suspect that the RFC on that particular leg is breaking down.
    I guess what I'm looking for is a vote of confidence before I undo the
20 plus screws that hide the filament RFC's.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    W3SLK