[AMPS] RJ1A/RJ1H for Alpha 78

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RJ1A/RJ1H for Alpha 78
From: W4EF@pacbell.net (Michael Tope)
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 17:39:46 -0700
Does anyone have suggestions (aside from not running QSK) on
how one can extend the life of the RJ1A vacuum relay in the
Alpha 78 amplifier? Our club station has two of these amplifiers
both of which seem to have a propensity to "eat" RJ1As on
a regular basis.

One suggestion given to me was to substitute an RJ1H for the RJ1A.
Any thoughts out there on this idea (I am not familiar with the
RJ1H)? How about PIN diode solutions?

In the meantime, does anyone know of good (i.e. cheap) source for
the RJ1A, I want to pick up a spare before one of club's Alphas
gets hungry again?

Thanks,