[AMPS] 4CX15K

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4CX15K
From: jtml@lanl.gov (John Lyles)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 18:39:27 -0600
I have not been able to coax 36 kW out of 4CX15000 in class C, but
have gotten 35 kW out of 4CX20,000A/8990 tetrode. It took about 400
Watts of drive and screen voltage turned up, and can be found in the
Broadcast Electronics FM30B transmitter, at 100 MHz. At lower freq,
it may be possible to squeeze a little more, but I am wary of claims
of such power from a 15K - frankly all of that does sound a bit
hogwashy. If someone does, it won't be very long lived I think. I do
like the idea of Richs of "using an 8973 running 22 kV etc etc."
Would LOVE to see anyone try and tame that tube in a homebrew job!

John
K5PRO