[AMPS] Dan is a hypocrit

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dan is a hypocrit
From: da_kang@hotmail.com (Jeff Wolf)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 06:13:21 PDT
>Thanks...  I appreciate the confidentiality.  However, I was not attempting
>to hide myself, anymore than the people on the AMPS reflector running
>"Tetrodes with Handles" do.

Technical aspects aside, it sounds as though you are trying to put these
extremely overpower, illegal and dangerous CBers a class with those Ham
Radio operators who run between a little to quite a bit over power.

>>>Dan,

How can you state that someone should be excused from running illegal power
just because they have a license?

Do you not believe that a person running 8 watts on a CB radio should not be
subjected to the same rules and strictness of enforcement of someone running
3Kw on an amateur band?

Give it a rest.  Anyone running illegally should be held accountable to the
same level of anyone else, no matter what the legal wattage level was!

Christ, do you really think that an amateur operator running 36Kw on 40
meters is any different just because he was not restricted to 4 watts?

Don't even think of attempting to elevate yourselves by any perceived
similarity. CBers can legally run 4 watts output , HAMS can run 1500 watts.

Illegal is illegal.  Yes, their are degrees of illegality (on some forums,
such as rape, murder, mayhem, etc.), but on a non-tangible medium such as
radio, their really isn't....

ANY amplifier on a CB radio is illegal, while even overkill amplifiers on
HAM radio CAN be operated within legal limits.
Even stretching the limits, a 3DB increase in CB power out is 8 watts, the
same increase in HAM power out is 3000 watts.

>>>And you think that someone running 3Kw on the amateur bands is any less
>>>illegal than someone running 100 watts on the CB radio?

Hell, the CBer is running 25 times more power, but the numbers are
different.

Does that fit your bill?

There is NO justification for the blatant illegal operation of many CBers
out there.

>>>Nor is their for the blatant illegal operation of many hams out there.

Nor is their for the blatant illegal operation of many amplifier peddlers
out there.

Give it up Dan.  You are trying to justify the existance of your monster
amplifiers stating that 1500 watts is illegal, so 5Kw is not as illegal as a
CBer running 100 watts.

Illegal is illegal is illegal...  No matter to what degree, it is still
illegal.

And I was not giving you or your amps any credit when I stated that Henry
was one of the more popular for illegal CB use..

Just because their are a bunch of Corvettes out their, does that make them
the best supercar in existance?

No, it makes them an affordable alternative.

I have used a Henry.  It is a good amp.

Their are better.

Toll Free

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
RF Applications Power Measuring equipment, See the VFD & WinWatt!
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com>     RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is