[AMPS] JENNINGS RB2A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] JENNINGS RB2A
From: measures@vcnet.com (measures)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 05:01:33 -0700

>In a message dated 10/17/99 7:58:03 AM EST, measures@vcnet.com writes:
>
><< Does anyone have parameters of the Jennings Radio RB2A vacuum relay ?
>  >>
> How about the RB-3?  Is it the same speed as an RB-2 or faster like an
>RJ-1.

?  RB3:  20mS rating.  As far as I know, there are no fast multipole
relays.  Another problem with RB3 is that it is noisy.

> Need a DPDT (preferable vacuum) for a homebrew amp that was just connected
>to an old Collins transmitter and now want to use it with a 930.  If worse
>comes to worse, I can use two RJ-1's and parallel the coils.  But would
>prefer a DPDT.

?  If you rectify the mains with a half-wave rectifier and C-filter, the
resultant 160vdc will operate a pair of 26v RJ-1A coils in series at a
fairly fast closure speed.  [diagram for ps on Fig 7 on my Web site]   A
pair of RJ-1As in parallel will easily switch a full-throttle 8171.  The
150w that it takes to drive one can be switched by a Matsushita RSD spdt
RF reed relay.

cheers