SV: SV: [AMPS] figuring tank Zbased on loaded Ep?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: SV: [AMPS] figuring tank Zbased on loaded Ep?
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (Hans Goldschmidt)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 09:13:19 +0200
>? Hej! You made a three letter mistake Rich when you, in your answer to the guy
said " Up to about 200kHz, it is possible to construct a grid-driven
neutralized, triode amplifier, providing you use a triode with a Mu of 5
maximum."  It should have been "NOT neutralized ", of course. Yes, in them
good old days hams used TPTG ( tuned plate  - tuned grid ) triode
oscillators even at high powers. Some of those tubes used are listed in the
book I mentioned.

With some well shielded multigrid  tubes , however, there is usually no
neutralizing required grid driven on the lower short wave bands. But you
have to reduce external feed back paths and use good shielding. More of this
in the  RCA TT-5 Technical Manual on transmitting tubes.

Grid driven neutralized triode linears where often used in the fifties, even
commercially. JOHNSSON made a such a linear with 300W out using 811A's. I
know - I just sold mine, hi! I believe it was very often used with the
popular CENTRAL ELECTRONICS 20A that delivered the 20 watts pep needed for
this linear.

Hej daa! de SM5KI Hans