[AMPS] triple item...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] triple item...
From: nospam4me@juno.com (nospam4me@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 23:40:42 -0700
Hello there,
:
re: 572's on six
First off, Norm... I'm sorry I don't have a copy of Carls circuit. I just
have a lot of diagrams myself. Most are standard commercial circuits and
some of my own designs. To be honest, the dual 572 amp on six is a pretty
generic type project with the considerations for the higher frequency.
I've been working on some other input circuit designs, but it's been slow
going with my many other irons in the fire.
:
re: mica caps.
[snip]
:I'm putting together the input pi-nets for my 2 x 3-500z amp.  The input
cap is
:a trimmer, and the output is fixed.
:For some of the values of output capacitors, I have 500v dipped silver
mica
:capacitors, and the smaller values (150-100 pf) are really physically
small  --
:like 1/4" long.  Do these capacitors carry a significant amount of
current, and
:would I be advised to look for larger capacitors?  In the higher values,
I have
:some old-fashioned capacitors about 1/2" x 3/4" in size.
:
Hi Vic,
Your request is quite timely...   I've been involved in research where an
amplifier (my trusty SB-1000 has been required to drive a complex load (a
cell) in the HF range. I've found the 500v capacitors get quite warm with
a few hundred watts of RF and a matched load. An input circuit for an
amplifier <100 watts shouldn't be a problem.
Even more amusing is that we've been cooling the capacitors with their
bodies in pure water.
:
re: BTI transformer.
Hello Art,
I have a BTI amplifier here myself.  If you don't already know... It's a
straight forward 3-1000z legal limit amplifier. You could rate your
transformer with that in mind.  I'll try to see if I have any paper work
on the power supply. One of the downfalls in purchasing used... you don't
always get the paperwork.
:
cheers
skipp