[AMPS] Ameritron AL-80A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Ameritron AL-80A
From: ernie@netvision.net.il (Tsachy Lindenbaum)
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 04:14:29 +0200
Hi all
My AL80A was upgraded to 10 meters operation by previous owner (I guess).
The amplifier manual suggests caps on input-pi , but the 27pf cap at the
tube side (c5) is missing for some reason.
The amp works OK on 10 meters, but the input pi has only 1 cap on antenna
side,  and the other "cap" available is the leftover of the short green wire
from the input coil which was cut to allow for 10 meters operation (this
wire grounded the tube side on "ten" prior to modification and the
manufacturer's way to enable 10 meters is by cutting it).
What's the idea - can this wire provide 27 Pf (5 cm #20) ? Luck ?
Ur comments will be apreciated.
 73 & tks in advance. 4Z4TL, Isaac Lindenbaum