[AMPS] HV Line Side Regulator...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] HV Line Side Regulator...
From: nospam4me@juno.com (nospam4me@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 22:55:31 -0800
The QST Article was called "A Line Side HV Regulator".
Didn't work for me for many reasons, some personal preference...
most important was its poor response to the dynamics of SSB
operation. Lot's of noise to filter, the devices required for serious
power were expensive.  I have a copy of the Article in my files, I'll
try to look up the issue date in the mid/late 80's.
cheers
skipp

:From: "Hans Goldschmidt" <sm5ki@algonet.se>
:I remember seeing in QST a primary voltage regulator ( with tyristors )
:sensing the secondary high voltage by means of a voltage divider. Much
:better than a rheostat or a Variac. In a filament stabilizer/adjuster
you use
:instead the rectified secondary voltage as reference.