[AMPS] AC Line side regulator..

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AC Line side regulator..
From: nospam4me@juno.com (nospam4me@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 09:54:52 -0800
The article was "A line Side Regulator" for HV...   Mid to late 80's QST
I believe.

Not a good idea.  One SF Bay Area Old timer became room temperature
building the circuit. Lots of extra line noise to deal with,
advantage/tradeoffs were marginal, SSB response was pretty poor in large
load situations. Part costs  were another large variable. A big lamp
dimmer with feedback control.
cheers
skipp

:I remember seeing in QST a primary voltage regulator ( with tyristors )
:sensing the secondary high voltage by means of a voltage divider. Much
:better than a reostat or a Variac. In a filament stabilizer/adjuster you
use
:instead the rectified secondary voltage as reference.
:There was a similar design in VHF Communications, but I
:can't find it. I'll post an issue number when I do.
:Steve