[AMPS] 2KD-5

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 2KD-5
From: measures@vcnet.com (measures)
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 15:53:08 -0700
>Hi Rich,
>
>Sorry for the late response, I just got out of the hospital from broken leg
>and ankle surgery (playing Ice Hockey, my other passion).

The only thing that is seemingly more dangerous is rugby and  lacrosse.

>The 2KD-5 is an older model that I was not around during it's manufacturing
>times as their rep and distributor.
>To directly answer your question below, I have never measured this value.

If you love and respect Henry Radio, my advice is do Not under any
circumstances go there.  However, if you are a curious guy, and you can't
locate a 2KD-5,  the 1KD-5 provides similar filament voltage.  With
either model one can easily read a newspaper from the light of the
filament.  The good news is that if you ever want to convert a 2KD-5 to a
3CX1200Z7, it's perfect because you already have 6v for the filament.

cheers.