[AMPS] Icom PW1 - looking for info

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Icom PW1 - looking for info
From: n2tk@idsi.net (Tony Kazmakites)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 12:23:12 -0500
Looking for some info on the PW1. I plan on using it with a Kenwood 950SDX.
- What kind of power output should I expect with 100 watts drive?
- What happens if you increase the drive to 150 watts?
- Has anyone built an interface with non-Icom radios for it for automatic
bandswitching?
- Has anyone extended the interface cables to 15-18'? I want to remote it to
my basement where all the cables enter the house.
- Any quirks or weird problems with the PW1?

Want an amp with both instant-on and that I can remote. Doesn't seem to give
me much of a choice. Have an Acom here that I am playing with. Very nice
amp, but last night I was listening on 80m and missed the 9M6ACC because I
was waiting for the amp to warm up. Guess I should have turned on the amp
when I came into the shack.

Tnx
Tony
N2TK