[AMPS] Band switch question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Band switch question
From: nospam4me@juno.com (nospam4me@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:37:53 -0800
Vic,
It's not a problem in a larger Band switch assembly used here. The shaft
is grounded to the chassis.
skipp

I have a nice Band switch, 2 poles x 8 positions.  I believe it came from
Dentron amp; it's a little bigger than the SB220 type of switch and it
has round
fixed contacts and a very nice wiping-type spring for the rotating
contact.  I'm
sure this switch will be adequate from a voltage/current standpoint for
my 2 x
3-500z amp, but there's one thing that bothers me about it:  the shaft
(both in
front of the switch, and the part that goes between the wafers) is made
of
steel.  Will this heat up or cause other problems since it is located
near the
tank coil?