[AMPS] SB200 using 208VAC ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB200 using 208VAC ?
From: nospam4me@juno.com (nospam4me@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:31:34 -0800
One might suspect the lower filament voltage to be the culprit. The
normal SB-220 filament voltage has been known to be just enough
to provide full emission at the standard mains voltages.   Operation
at the 120 volt settings might be the most practical, else you want
to play with a variac or boost/buck transformers.

skipp

Someone has lent me a SB200 for the SS fone contest.  At his shack it
puts out 600w using 240VAC.  At my shack I only have 208VAC available,
and the amp only puts out 350w.  We measured the current with load
applied and it measured 206V.

1) Is the drop in power likely attributable to the drop in available
voltage?

2) Are there any practical remedies (other than finding a 240V source)?

73

Jim N3QYE, n3qye@ipass.net
Raleigh, NC