[AMPS] Reduction Drive

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Reduction Drive
From: RichyRusso@aol.com (RichyRusso@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 00:46:18 EST
In a message dated 11/15/99 5:20:17 PM !!!First Boot!!!, mgilmer@gnlp.com
writes:

<< Questions:
 1. What would cause the grease to "gum up" like this?
 2. What should I replace the grease with? (short of converting them to
 manual tune, hi)

 Mike
 n2mg@contesting.com >>

  Sounds to me like the grease components separated over time, chances are
the amp was sitting around or the grease aged.. Grease is not composed of
just one ingredient, usually separation, lack of use, or exposure to air or
elements would cause this.. As far as what to use, you would have to send out
some jpegs to see whats what..
  I would guess we could gauge what could be used by the type of gears,
composition and heat exposure to the drive mech... Richy