[AMPS] Z80 emulator for ARD230 repair

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Z80 emulator for ARD230 repair
From: mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:31:41 -0500
II hate to post this cross-reflector but it touches many "worlds".
Please forgive the multiple intrusion.

Does anyone out there have/know of a Z80 emulator?

I have Advanced Radio Devices' ARD230A amplifiers (2 units) that need some
(minor) fixes.

Now that I've repaired the motor/reduction units (tar-like grease inside),
I'm onto the next trouble area.  Both units make their suds, etc, but they
exhibit hunting on the TUNE cap.  FWIW, the LOAD cap doesn't show this.
I've swapped boards and other hardware around to no avail.  I'm trying to
figure out my next step.

I'd like to believe the problem isn't inherent (like software) but unless
someone can swear they've monitored the control signals inside the amp while
it's running, I can't rule it out.  Even if they do swear, I'll be
skeptical.  An emulator might prove this one way or another.

I still believe it's hardware so I'm not desperate for one yet. Just lining
up the ducks.

Thanks,
Mike
n2mg@contesting.com