[AMPS] Band Switch arcing SB-1000/AL-80

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Band Switch arcing SB-1000/AL-80
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:48:10 -0600
The protective choke opens when the HV is applied to it,
preventing HV to go all the way to your antenna.
It is caused by one of two things....leaking/shorted plate block
capacitors, or some critter or conductive object shorted the
plate block cap out momentarily.

I would change out the plate block cap(s) while you have the thing opened up.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC