[AMPS] YD 1130 = 3-500ZG??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] YD 1130 = 3-500ZG??
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (sm5ki)
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 22:40:35 +0000

I am the owner of a pair of PHILIPS (=AMPEREX) YD 1130 with graphite anodes
made in France. According to an old PHILIPS tube manual they should be
equivalent  electrically to the 3-400Z ( max 3000 volts ) and the same size
as the EIMAC tube. But my tubes have the same size as the 3-500Z????? Can
anyone give an explanation? Can they be run up to 4000 volts? Are  they =
the 3-500ZG? I remember the EIMAC tubes in my SB 220 I  built around 1968-69
had graphite anodes and I also remember EIMAC had graphite anodes in their
3-500Z ads in those years. Did EIMAC manufacture the tubes themselves or did
they buy them from PHILIPS / AMPEREX?

Anyone? / 73s de Hans SM5KI

sm5ki@algonet.se