[AMPS] [Fwd: Teletec Corporation]

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] [Fwd: Teletec Corporation]
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 22:34:05 -0600
on 11/23/99 10:54 AM, Mike Baker at bakerhouse@uswest.net wrote:

>> I know this didn't answer your question, but I gathered from talking to
>> them, they were not really interested in selling amateur amplifiers any
>> longer.

>From what I can gather Teletec is not selling amplifiers at all right now
and may never sell them any more.  A friend just bought the last (literally
in some cases) 6m, 2m, 220 and 432 amps he could find.  Apparently, they got
their castings from a house in Taiwan.  In the recent earthquake, the
casting house was heavily damaged or demolished.  So at present, they are
not able to manufacture any more amplifiers.  It would probably cost far
more than it's worth to tool up a new supplier.  None of the dealers he
talked to had any idea of when they were going to be shipping more amps.
It's all an unkown.

73,

Jon
KE9NA