[AMPS] cooling

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] cooling
From: watson@epiloglaser.com (George K. Watson)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:20:34 -0700
but that would be after the fact. I also have a digital thermometer with
probe but somewhat concerned about that and hv.   Also what is a good source

Actually, most of the digital thermometers I have used are really amusing when
operating with lots of RF in the air. We were convinced we were about to slag a
couple
of rather dear MOSFETS during some laser experiments, until we realized it was
RF
getting into the little thermocouple line.
The gauge we used for measuring gas pressure in the laser also went amusingly
wonky
during key down.

Analog meters are a bit easier to believe in these situations.

George K. Watson
K0IW