SV: [AMPS] Power attenuator

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] Power attenuator
From: jens.koefoed@teracom.se (jens.koefoed@teracom.se)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:23:58 +0100
Another way to go is to build a coupler, but I assume this is for HF and
then the size would be to large. On VHF/UHF this would do very well. One
output of the coupler is terminated into a dummy and the other is
attenuated, ie in your case 20dB.
On one occasional on HF I did use an old dummyload and then placed a small
loop inside the can. You will get a frequency dependent coupling, but it
will probably work fine on a single band. I belive that the result was about
20-30dB coupling. (One problem was the oilpressure increasing when the oil
gets hot...)

Seasons greetings!

sm7ovk