[AMPS] Eimac 3CX1200D7 Component package

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Eimac 3CX1200D7 Component package
From: w2ge@home.com (Phil Levin W2GE)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:39:49 -0500
Ronald Lumachi wrote:

> SELL: NIB (tested only) Eimac 3CX1200D7 (date code '97) complete with a
> brand new 6.3VAC@25amp filament xmfr, teflon chimney, Eimac SK410 air
> system socket, and a new HV 2amp+ parasitic plate  choke. This tube used
> exclusively in the Henry 3K Premier amplifier. Will coast at 2100W
> output  or will do  2500W with a high performance power supply. $400
> shipped for the package. This tube is virtually indestructible and very
> forgiving even when mistuned. Ron W2CQM New York City

Any real advantage to running the 3cx1200D vs.  the 3cx1200A???
Comparing data on the Eimac page other than filament voltage difference
the tubes are VERY similar.  Looks like the D7 might be easier to
drive.  I leave my ICOM 756 at full output to drive my AL-1200 and think
I could use even more drive with the A7 tube.  Wonder if swapping the
tubes would be worthwhile???  Thanks, Phil W2GE