[AMPS] cautions on crystalline Silica

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] cautions on crystalline Silica
From: nospam4me@juno.com (nospam4me@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:33:04 -0800

Hi Ian,

Thank you for the input... just one last bit.   The Warning I quoted was
direct from a current Varian Product. Base resin of Crystalline Silica.
They make the warning statement, I err on the side of caution and give
everyone's advise respect.  I plan on going past 100...

cheers
skipp may  wv6f

:From: Ian Roberts <itr@nanoteq.co.za>
:Crystalline silica compounds are not poisonous, the problem arises when
:manufacturers sneak in a percentage of Be to improve thermal
:conductivity.
:The best advice must be to treat any porcelain-like high temperature
:device as probably containing Be, including the "pinkish" Russian ditto,
:and the insides of power transistors.