SV: R: [AMPS] Discussions... 3/2 Power law

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: R: [AMPS] Discussions... 3/2 Power law
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (sm5ki)
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 12:48:15 +0000
Thanks Maurizio: In order to evaluate this we have to know

a)     what kind of amplifier it was?
b)     in what condition were the tubes?
c)     did the operators have the  knowledge how to properly tune-up and
maybe did it too long
       which easily makes those tubes going soft - soft tubes splatter very
often
d)     were the tubes matched?
e)     maybe those italian  guys who used those amplifiers had their
microphone gain way up as we
        often have heard in the past on 27 MHz?

As I reported some time ago EIMAC reported in one of their Application Notes
a 4CX300 in a super cathode configuration ( grid tied to cathode and
grounded screen grid ) that was  v e r y  linear (46 db 3rd order and 49 db
5th order - they did not say if it was relative to pep or one of the tones?
)  and had a very low no signal plate current (15 mA ). Output was 375 watts
for 75 watts, driving power. If we use those, say 3 or 4,  PL509s or 8072s
in the same way, we may (  and I do not know yet ) get the 6-8 dbs I want.
The tubes will not get so hot too which enables me to use     compact muffin
fans, who knows? The PL 509 DAF I mentioned should really be tested by
someone also.

What about the RAKE linear Mauritzio? Nice to have you on board on this
reflector.

Hej daa de Hans
"measures" <measures@vcnet.com>, "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>