[AMPS] the three hold 4cx250 circuit, Alpha 77 and the SB-220 with a sho

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] the three hold 4cx250 circuit, Alpha 77 and the SB-220 with a shorted tube.
From: nospam4me@juno.com (nospam4me@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 17:59:11 -0800
Hello again,

I received enough people asking for the three hole 4cx250 six
meter amplifier circuit that I'll scan it into gif and pdf files for a
down load package on the sonic server. Watch for it next
Monday or Tuesday afternoon pst.

http://sonic.ucdavis.edu     (Amateur Radio Pages).

I previously posted the availability of the Alpha 77 Manual. It will
remain on the server, but the file name will change (just shorter).
If anyone has a picture of that amp they can Email me, I'll gladly
place it on the description page.

Time for a little humble pie...  While repairing a friends SB-220
I mentioned in past posts here, I found one cathode to grid
shorted tube.  In the process of powering the amplifier back
up first time since the rework, I somehow replaced the bad
tube back in the amplifier as a place holder and forgot about
taking it out.
The end result was the .82 ohm resistor blew up before my
safety circuits kicked in. After a complete recheck and tube
replacement, the amplifier now operates very well.

So I lost a resistor, learned a lesson about marking bad tubes
right away and wondered what I would have lost if the glitch
goodies weren't installed.

cheers
skipp

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!