[AMPS] your sb-220 mod

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] your sb-220 mod
From: nospam4me@juno.com (nospam4me@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:09:08 -0800
Sounds more like your meter is telling the wrong story...
More formal test equipment might be in order.
skipp

[snip]
I really don't think so.  The amp goes all the way down to resting plate
current at zero drive, and grid and plate currents track on drive
smoothly
and proportionally all the way up to maximum output.  There are no points
on the way up where either value jumps sharply, and no asymmetry in the
tuning of the plate control, which I was always told was another
indication
of potential instability.  Even severe mistuning produces no evidence of
oscillation at any frequency.  It's a bloomin' mystery!
73,  Pete N4ZR

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.