SV: SV: [AMPS] SB-220 conundrum

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: SV: [AMPS] SB-220 conundrum
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (sm5ki)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 22:08:20 +0000
Interesting info Rich, but Pete has a SB220 that probably once worked OK
with those parasitic resonances you mentioned. But, something has happened
and maybe those resonances moved to another frequency because of a failure
in one of the amps components. And could generate a new nasty parasitic
situation.

Remember my message some months ago ( nobody reacted and no
comments...funny)?
I said then, that I once had a problem with a shorted diode in the relay
power supply of my SB220 and the grids were subjected to AC that was
rectified by the 3-500Z grids and showed up as grid current on the meter.
Everybody said the amp was oscillating at some parasitic frequency but it
was plain rectified AC! So, maybe Petes problem is something similar simple?

Interesting problem though......

Prosit de Hans
"Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>, "AMPS reflector" <amps@contesting.com>