[AMPS] CB amps on ham bands?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] CB amps on ham bands?
From: ve6nap@oanet.com (Gerald Caouette)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:40:41 -0700
Most of the solid state 2 to 30 MHz ones are actually quite good
as far as harmonics are concerned.

As long as they are not over driven.......

As a precaution it would still be wise to run the output thru a Pi L
type antenna tuner and a low pass filter to clean up any possible
harmonics - a lot of harmonic content  can be even generated in
the QRP rig and is not a problem until it is amplified.

Least thats what the spectrum analyzer says for a Palomar TX-75
and a number of others that I have worked on.

I have seen a lot worse on the air from both commercial and home brew amps
being improperly tuned, -  over driven, -and poorly designed etc.

73
de
ve6nap@oanet.com

To: <amps@contesting.com>