[AMPS] re: SB-200 to 6m using 4CX250B

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] re: SB-200 to 6m using 4CX250B
From: n2ckh@cybercomm.net (Steve Hajducek)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 16:22:38 -0400
At 04:18 PM 1/22/00 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi All.....IMHO a better choice for conversion of the SB-200 to 6 is the
>3CX800.  No screen voltage needed,  HV ok for the tube.
>socket will mount in old tube hole...or mount on main chassis.  Fill
>transformer is small.
>Am in the process of converting one now.  de Norm  N8RGR

Hello Norm,

I would agree, especally if it can be driven to full output with 10 watts
and I had the tubes already. The 4CX250B tubes have been sitting in
my desk draw for a number of years now waiting for me to tire of
my 200 watt brick.

Please provide additional information on your project as it develops. I
plan to post my effort to my website. There are lots of SB-200 amps
around cheap that would make great baselines for conversion to 6 meter
low drive units with a tube change.

/s/ Steve, N2CKH
http://www.QSL.net/n2ckh