[AMPS] TL-922 service/owners manual

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] TL-922 service/owners manual
From: measures@vcnet.com (measures)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 02:08:47 -0700
>In a message dated 01/28/2000 12:17:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>measures@vcnet.com writes:
>
><<
> The only thing of value in the owners manual is the diagram.  On page 14,
> the owner's manual talks about ignoring ''normal arcing'' in the (6000v)
> Tune C.   The ''normal arcing'' is caused by energy at c. 120MHz.
>  >>
>RICH: the kenwood co. said that!!

yes

> they must be in denial??

Perhaps not.  My guess is that Kenwood-san was simply not aware of what
was causing the 6kV capacitor to  intermittently arc,
 General Electric Company's G. W. Fyler wrote brilliantly about the
problem in the IRE Journal in Sept. 1935 -  however,  few seemed to get
it.  .  .  One of the problems is in understanding that the diagram does
not show the actual circuit that one is dealing with.  For example,
feedback C -  the bringer of grief  - is never shown on the diagram.

cheers., Hank