[AMPS] FAILURE OF PARASITIC RESISTORS IN AL-811X AMPLIFIER

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FAILURE OF PARASITIC RESISTORS IN AL-811X AMPLIFIER
From: kc4slk@csrlink.net (Mike Sawyer)
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 20:22:41 -0500
I have to disagree with you on that point Jon. I witnessed first hand, VHF
spurs that were being generated by my friend's homebrew 2 X 813 amp.They
were horrendous and if the FCC had been monitoring, he probably might be
getting his ticket back today! After reading about the improvements for the
SB-220 in QST, (we all tend to suffer from "League Fatigue!"), he installed
the aforementioned Nichrome wire parasitic chokes and the spurs were
eliminated, (not tamed, or reduced but eliminated!!).
Say what you want, but actions speak louder than words, (or spurs!).
Cheers,
Mike(y)
W3SLK